[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Thursday, September 30th, 2010|
|Saturday, October 3rd, 2009|
|Wednesday, July 1st, 2009|
|15 Books Meme!
15 Books That I Love/Recommend (with Author name in ())
Looking Backwards (Bellamy)
Beyond Good and Evil (Nietzsche)
Art of War (Tzu)
Autobiography of Frederick Douglass
The Prophet (Gibran)
Black Voices (Ed. Chapman)
Tales of Power (Castañeda)
Journal of the Gallic Wars (Caesar)(**in Latin, better, English, still good**)
Why Johnny Can't Read
The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity (Reid)
Getting the Love You Want
Path Notes of an American Ninja Master (Morris)
there are some happy memories in here! if you wonder why any of these are good, feel free to ask.
|Friday, June 5th, 2009|
|Thursday, May 28th, 2009|
|fabulous fabric for the cheap comes from...??
I don't know, but I want to know. My sister Lyrica just told me she needs to buy about seven yards to re-do her lounger but that she has been seeing fabric for 40-100$$/yard...way too high.
So I said maybe I know people who make couches look fine for fun. I know someone who knows something about this.
Please share any hints you have with me so I can share them with her!
|Join me @ the diner?
So I'm off to Austin Diner for a few hours. The coffee keeps flowing, wifi works, and food is like kerbey but cheaper. Company would be even better!:)
|Monday, May 18th, 2009|
what a weekend. My life has been changing and improving so fast I can't even try to write it all down.
Suffice to say I am GOING to FS and I will be there to win. Is there any other way? Current Mood: smiley
|Monday, May 11th, 2009|
|newsz from D land
in no real order, just trying to open up here:
1. my new counselor just called me to say she "doesn't think she can help" and "isn't going to see me anymore" after a grand total of 1 hour talking. she even already scheduled me for next week and now is canceling. i'd love to talk to someone about my issues, but as I had feared, education and training are not enough to prepare someone for even HEARING about my life without their brain exploding. :(
2. my mom is trying to re-enter my life, maybe, after disowning me 4 years ago. she called. we talked. she says, "I'll get back to you in about two weeks" with her analysis of what really happened (since what little I know does not add up). we agree we both want the rift between us closed but I have no idea who she really ever was, so I am waiting and hoping the new info is better than the mom I have always known.
3. my last boss is gone and I dont have a new one yet. i am doing massage, and cheap, if anybody wants the work. Lately, of course, my mind is not going to generate peace exactly for you, but I can make you stop hurting if you are tight or tired. and working makes me feel better. plus, my living room is looking pretty cool as a new massage studio. so my offer is on the table. I have time and skill if you have the need.
4. my girlfriend and I are in a really different phase right now. 3 days a week I dont see her at all, and the others only by invite (even though we live together), and we are also not having sex. thats been going on for two weeks so far and is scheduled to last (at least) another month. in order to not just fixate on that, I am also giving up smoking for that same month.
5. I am not going to flipside this year. it will be my first time to miss since I started. I am already missing it! But between avoiding sex and smoking, I think I'd be lying to myself to say that's where I need to go. Interestingly, my girl still says I can "flirt", just not "flirt to win"...and that exact language was what made me realize flipside was out. in my camp, people want to know, and they ask:
"Are you winning?"
It's better if the answer is not, "No, but I wasn't trying anyway."
6. i am trying to reconnect to whoever out there feels theyve been missing me. so if you think you'd like to see me, for any reason, now is not a bad time. I am still a good listener, so don't worry that I only want you to be my new therapist! Some suggestions: bike riding, chess, capoeira, cooking, listening to brazilian music, watching documentaries, etc.
7. COOL DOCUMENTARIES that I've seen lately (and kinda want to talk about)
-Amazing Water: Is It Conscious?
-Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
-911: In Plane Sight
-Waco: Rules of Engagement Current Mood: changing
|Wednesday, April 29th, 2009|
email@example.com is my work email now.
512.293.4033 is still mah phone.
you know, so you can talk to me fast!
|Wednesday, September 17th, 2008|
|Thursday, March 13th, 2008|
|PSA: cheap car, anyone?
My Dad is trying to sell his 1982 VW vanagon. It is not a camper, it's the wagon. It's not pretty. Right now, it gets hotwired to start. But it works. It's in Corpus right now, so there'd have to be a slight delay, but it is going to go cheap. Basically only cosmetic problems, this thing has not broken down for years.
If you know someone either desperate or in love with old VW, lemme know. 512-293-4033.
|Saturday, January 26th, 2008|
I am in fact still here. Busier than I have been in a while, too.
I am going to tai chi class again today: semester 2, can you believe it?
I am enrolled in Massage Therapy School, and I have gone to my first classes already. I am excited.
I am planning a 10-day retreat this spring to the Vipassana center near Dallas for a life-altering span of meditation and...complete silence. Sounds good, right?
I've signed up for a seminar on 2-way visual communication (trading images) with animals. That's coming next month.
And of course the ISH receptors in my brain are firing, right on time. It tingles! I'm working on a playlist even now...
This year will probably have the same amount of free time as any month of my last year...but I'm ready to be off vacation. It's been 10 years since I got my last degree. I have relaxed...a lot.
Bring it all on:)
And, since I will be in front of my computer more, I *should* be posting more regularly. I hope to.
Ciao ciao. Current Mood: studious
|Saturday, December 22nd, 2007|
|Mad, Mad Flavor All Over This Place
Wow am I busy at work today! The weather is perfect for both ESPRESSO and GELATO, and, well, people know it.
Following is a list of insane gelato flavors for those so inclined:
Pistachio (Audrey's fave)
Almond Joy (10,000 times better than the bar)( Coconut Almond Chocolate chip)
Mint Chocolate Chip (Heather's Fave)
Sugar Free Soy Chocolate Gelato (My Fave)
Amarena (Cherry Almond Vanilla)
Borbon Vanilla (Carlos's Fave)
Dulce de Leche
Almond Butter with Nutella Swirl
Strawberries and Cream
and then some...
This is some serious dessert. I bet none of you can handle it. I dare you to. Double dare. You will fall in love if you do. You will groan in ecstasy; I've seen it all before.
Happy freaking Vacation time, regardless of religion.
I love this town and all you guys!
|Tuesday, December 18th, 2007|
|you tube glory
this is some extremely macho trash talking from thailand... all in body language.
i like the music, too.
at the end, there's actually some fighting.
but until that, it's all just:
Rambaa, the funky, frenetic fighter
|Friday, November 23rd, 2007|
|on my way to see the world, I sit on my ass (a lot)
Yeah, I got a free trip to Florence from my job. No, not Florence, Texas. I'm on my way to Italy...
I have made it as far as Denver (so far). It's been snowing the whole time. I used to think snow looked neat, and it stil can, I know, but when it only falls on flat concrete it loses most of it's cool factor for me. In Denver, McDonalds does not have Dr. Pepper. I am among heathens. Oh well, Italy should supply me with some decent caffeine:)
Five hours is a long layover. I'm glad to be able to channel my energy during this time into my thoughts. I just watched "The Agronomist" for the second time. I cried again. There really aren't enough people living with zeal like that guy. I grew up among some very misguided (read: religious) people, but they at least seemed to believe what they preached. In the end, I found that all my role models were liars, frauds, and worse. Jean Dominique was sincere. On one level, sincerity seems trivial, common, no big deal. On another level, I can say that nothing brightens my day faster than heart-felt self-expression like that. Real religions don't require ancient myths or outdated language. Real religion is whatever people love and live for. Dying for something is nothing unless you live for it. After all, how long does dying take? No one should be understood based on a single minute of their life.
From here, I will:
1. eat junk (Italian) food constantly
2. not sleep again until my trip home! (espressi buoni!!)
3. take some pictures with my new camera
4. collect my thoughts in relative silence b/c I don't know Italian (YES!)
5. eat gelato and watch great baristas,
6. see that city, the one:
that Caesar built,
that has the world's first museum,
that is the home of banking,
that dictates European conservative fashion like Paris does the haute,
I'm sure something will still surprise me!
Ciao, amici, me-espere, qui retorno.
(Note: that's not real Italian, just my fake stuff from Latin class.) Current Mood: asspain
|Saturday, November 10th, 2007|
|beautiful afternoon sun on the deck...
yes, today is perfect weather for the deck here at Téo.
Sun. Cool wind. A fire blazing in the fireplace outside.
It is nice.
Of course, UT is playing , so nobody is here to enjoy it.
But for any of you heathens that don't tune in to "the game", other sweet options do exist.
Come get loaded on caffeine before you party all night!
Plus, for those with sweet tooths, there's"
Pistachio (for Audrey)
Cherry Cheesecake Swirl
Pumpkin Pie (gelato!)
Dulce de Leche
and a lot more...:)
|Monday, October 22nd, 2007|
|Thursday, September 6th, 2007|
|Birthday poooool aaaaaction: Sunday lounging
So, since it's been a while, there's going to be some barbecue, swimming, and lounging about going on this Sunday afternoon at my pool (Le Med). Assuming the sun helps me out. Why?
Because this weekend is the closest I could get to partying for my BIRTHDAY.
My real birthday was all work and sleep, mostly. Heather and I got to get some dinner and watch a movie, but then I just fell asleep. Am I old now? Not really, just working a messed up schedule until I finish hiring more people.
I'll be grilling lots of dead things, mixing some drinks, playing the music, etc. Extra barbecue is welcome, as well as beer if you're a beer person. Liquor people should do okay here. And if it's raining, I'll still cook, and the poool will still be there, just too cold for my blood . I need it to be hot! But I'd love to pack this tiny apartment with my friends, so the rain plan is: do it anyway!
I'm thinking from about 2-whenever....
|Saturday, August 25th, 2007|
|why i write
not to change the world, but to reveal the simple laws of cause and effect that drive the world we all live in so that others may change it. i believe that if all people were equally empowered with comprehension then no longer would an imbalance of power persist among us. our artificially inflated differences are the source of our worst problems and all our greatest fears.
love is not the answer, not by itself. all the worst things are done in the name of love. I got a great quote recently from a documentary, Zeitgeist, about how the ultra wealthy justify and rationalize their murder and theft for profit, known conventionally as war. David Rockefeller was quoted, when asked why he would help to orchestrate a fake starting point for a needless war, as saying that what really matters is taking care of yourself and your family, screw the rest of the world. as if he needs to try harder to "take care".
yourself and your family. right.
and which human beings are not part of our family?
love is easy to misdirect except when it is protected by the barrier of LOGIC and the openeings to the mind of COMPETING VIEWPOINTS. only with these in place will we continue to be ourselves, because only with these things can we continue to evolve.
there's too much trusting going on, and it protects all the wrong people.
Love should help us, and it will, when we regain our status as a 100% logical species that learns for itself at the individual level.
for many of us, what we are willing to forget is more critical than what we are willing to learn.
|Thursday, August 23rd, 2007|
|This Saturday Night
...Is a link to some info about the Italian Festival at Laguna Gloria.
Ferraris, opera, espresso, wine, you get the idea.
I'll be there to elevate the dessert scene (Teo style)...but it sounded cool enough on its own to post, so here it is!
Ciao for now. Current Mood: content